- 1971 - Anna Banana begins using her name in conjunction with her work; public events, performances, publications and mail-art.
- 1994 - Prisma Productions announces plans to release a children's sit-com called Anna Banana. The real Anna Banana issues a "Cease and Desist" order and begins Trade Mark registration proceedings which roll on through money, time and years, into 1998.
- 1998 - Despite the real Anna Banana's 27 years of usage, Prisma continues to dispute her claim to her name. Ironically, to protect her name, Anna has to play Prisma's commercial game; sell products with her name!
- 2000 - Anna gets word that Prisma Productions has gone into bankruptcy BUT the Trade Mark decision will still be made on the basis of arguments and evidence made by Prisma! The decision will not be announced until late summer/fall of 2000.
- 2001 - Anna receives the trademark Anna Banana; a dubious win, since maintaining a trademark means vigilant scrutiny of all media, and legal intervention to get other users to cease and desist, a process for which she has neither means nor inclination to undertake. Through her mail-art networking, Web browsing and e-mail contacts, Anna has concluded that her (legal) name is probably THE MOST POPULAR nick-name ever. Furthermore, sinced it is used commercially for restaurants, coffee shops, and children's cloting and toy stores... there seems to be no way, and perhaps no reason to attempt to stop it!, but since Prisma Productions went bankrupt, there is little she can do about their use of her name.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
are still available!
Please specify sizes desired: only S and M are left.
send your cheque/check or money order for
$26/shirt (includes taxes and postage) payable to:
Thanks for your Order!
Meanwhile, GO BANANAS!
E-mail Anna Banana, Queen on Bananaland