ARTISTAMP NEWS, a newsletter about postage-like stamps by artists edited and produced by Anna Banana from 1991 through 1996. Each issue features a profile of two or three artistamp makers, two to three richly illustrated pages of New Editions, a Letter from the Editor, reviews of artistamp shows and publications, news stories, articles and comments by various mail-artists, as well as a page of mail-art show and project information. A popular feature is that each issue had several actual artistamps tipped-in. All issues are printed on an 11 x 17" sheet, folded to make 8.5" x 11" pages. Early issues are 3-hole punched for keeping in a 3-ring binder. Later issues are saddle stitched:
- Vol. 1 No. 1, January 1991, 8 pages, edition of 200 copies, colour stamp tipped onto cover.
Artists included: Bruce Grenville, Michael Hosszu, Ed Varney, Jas W Felter, Cavellini, and Geir Sor-Reim.
5 reprints available at $25 each.
- Vol. 1 No. 2, December 1991 - 8 pages, edition of 150.
Featured artists: Buz Blurr, Carl Chew, Jas Felter with stamp news bites from Friends of Tuva, Pacific Northwest Artistamp Collective, Tui Tui museum, Geir Sor-Reim on ICIS, The Stamps of Mikia and a first day cover from the Kingdom of Edelweiss. Two pages of review of books, periodicals and show catalogs, including tip-ins from the Griffin & Sabine stamps. The final page is of Mail-art shows and projects done as “the Last Banana Rag No. 30”
2 issues available at $25 each
- Vol. 3 No. 1&2, February 1993, 12 pages, edition of 200 copies, with 5 full-colour stamps tipped in.
Artists included: H.R. Fricker, Dominique/Bugpost, Baroni, Guy Bleus, Piermario Ciani, Cracker Jack Kid, Edgardo Antonio Vigo, Robert Watts, Gerard & Fernand Barbot, Francis Hall, Dogfish, Ed Higgins, Buz Blurr, Kingdom of Edelweiss, many on the New Arrivals pages.
Out of Print.
- Vol. 4 No. 1, March 1994, 12 pages, edition of 150. Articles by Guy Bleus, Peter Kustermann, Anthroart, Ed Higgins, Carl Chew, Ed Varney, Vanci Stirnemann, Pag-hat the Rat Girl and Dogfish. Reviews of books and Catalogues, an artist profile of Greg Byrd AKA Toast Postes, 2 pages of “new arrivals” stamp editions, many of which had actual stamps tipped in, and a page of mail-art show and project invitations and publication.
2 issues available at $25 each.
- Vol. 4 No. 2, October 1994, 12 pages, edition of 300 copies, with 7 full colour stamps tipped in.
Artists included: Dogfish/Tui Tui, Crackerjack Kid, PTT museum exhibit, Pere Sousa, Cati Laporte, Marcello Diotallevi, Bruce Grenville, Guy Bleus, many on the New Arrivals pages, including a block of 6 from Jean Noel Laszlo.
12 issues available at $25 each.
- Vol. 5 No. 1, June 1995, 12 pages, edition of 300 copies, with 4 colour, 1 B&W stamps tipped in.
Artists included: Mars Stamp Expo, Robert Rudine, HR Fricker, Peter Kustermann & Angela Pahler, Gunther Ruch, Bruce Grenville, Geir Sor-Reime, Jas W Felter, Chuck Welch, Peter Kaufmann and many others on the New Arrivals pages.
10 issues available at $25 each.
- Vol. 6 No. 1, February 1996, 12 pages, edition of 200 copies, with 8 stamps tipped in, 5 in full colour.
Artists included: Harley/ Terra Candella, Patricia Tavenner, Gunther Ruch, Ed Varney, Jas W Felter, William Graef, Michael Hosszu, Carl Chew, Ken Bryson and many others on the New Arrivals pages.
8 reprints available at $25 each.
Air - $1.00/$1.50/$2.60
for a single issue
As quantities are limited, please e-mail your order to Anna Banana by clicking on the envelope.
You will be notified as to the availability of issues ordered and the exact shipping, handling and insurance charges for items ordered. Shipment will be made upon receipt of your check or money order made payable to: Anna Banana and sent to:
3747 Highway 101
Roberts Creek, BC
CANADA V0N 2W2