- 1973 - Mona Banana Smile Test ; Vancouver Art Gallery, April Fool's Day event.
- 1974 - Art Race, Vancouver Art Gallery/Georgia Street.
Anna Banana & Mr. Peanut, 1974
Art Race, Vancouver Art Gallery
- 1974, 76, 77, 78 - Columbus Day Parade Entries in San Francisco, publicized by the San Francisco Bay Guardian.
- 1975 - The Banana Olympics, promoted by the San Francisco Bay Guardian, live broadcast by KPFA, over 100 participants.
1980 Banana Olympics; the Bureaucrat's Marathon . . .
3 steps forward, 2 steps backwards, 1 to each side . . .
all the way around the track. Surrey Art Gallery/Bear Creek Park.
- 1980 - The Banana Olympics, presented by the Surrey Art Gallery, with funding from Canada Council and the BC Arts Fund at Bear Creek Park, Surrey, BC.
- 1982 - Going Bananas Fashion Contest, 10th Anniversary April Fool's Event presented on CKVU-TV's 'Vancouver Show'.
- 1983 - Banana Art Event on Granville Island, Vancouver; presented on CTV's program, 'Live it Up'. Documented on video.
- 1983 - Banana License Petition, 2 weekends in Granville Island Market, Vancouver. Documented on video.
- 1993 - Proof Positive that Germany is Going Bananas - A three and one-half month parody research project in Stuttgart, Berlin, Mannheim, Bremen, Uelzen, Hamburg, Sierksdorf, Minden, Bergish-Gladbach, Kohl, Bonn, Frankfurt and Budapest from July through mid-October. Project funded by the Canada Council for the Arts.
- 1994 - Proof Positive that Germany is Going Bananas - report presented at the International Society for Humor Studies Conference in Ithaca, NY; June.
- 1998 - Bananas in Distress presented at the 7alld Festival of Performance Art in Toronto (Aug. 21-23) and broadcast nationally on CBC-TV's popular program 'On the Road Again'.
- 1998 - Banana Communion Service, Sarenco Art Club, Verona, Italy (Dec. 6).
- 1999 - Italy Goes Bananas, Sala 1, Rome (June 25).
- 2000 - Consciousness Raising Session . . . Gone Bananas at The New Gallery, Calgary (April 13).
- 2003 - Tie a Knot on Me, in conjunction with Karla Sachse’s entry in the city of Berlin’s annual Transportale event; a series of installations and performances at 16 subway stations across the city Installed inside the Nordbahnhof station, hanging from the ceiling, was Sachse’s project, Knots/Crossings; approx. 75 knots sent by artists from Europe, N. America, Africa, Asia and Australia. In conjunction with this installation, at the entry to the Station, in the former East Berlin, Dr. Anna Freud Banana, of the Specific Research Institute, conducts research into the responses of passers by to her request to “Tie a Knot on Me, a symbolic gesture to unite the peoples of the world.” and to answer her personal data questions, which she/they enter on her clipboard form.
- 2003 - Banana Splitz, presented at the Festival of Independent Music and Art, St. Niklaas, Belgium.
- 2009 - But, is it Art?, an interactive performance/research project, presented in Rome/Sala Uno, Cararra/Fine Arts Academy, Gent/CROXHAPOX VZW, Minden/Victoria Hotel, Berlin, Fachschule fur Sozial Padagogik, Annaberg/Kunst Keller, Budapest/Art Pool, Bremen/Weserburg Museum and Aarlborg/Kunsten Museum. In each presentation, the question was spelled in the language of the country.
But is it Art?
Event at Kunst Keller, Annaberg, Germany, 2009
- 2009 - But, is it Art?, a modified, outdoor version of the research project, celebrating 40 years of “Fooling Around with A. Banana” in Bastion Square, Victoria, BC, where Banana began her art practice in 1971
- 2010 - Art Detox, Schelt, BC, February
- 2011 - But, is it Art?, an outdoor version of the research project at La Vecteur, Charleroi, Belgium on May 21st.
- 2011 - But, is it Art?, an outdoor version of the research project at the Hedah Center for Contemporary Art, Maastricht, Netherlands on May 27th.
- 2011 - But, is it Art?, an outdoor version of the research project at the Kurk Schwitters High School in Berlin, Germany.
For inquiries on Anna Banana's Interactive Events click on the envelope
or Call Anna at +1 604 885 7156